Tuesday 1 October 2013

Want to do a safe weight training program whilst pregnant... then this may be for you


Want to add weight training into your prenatal routine? Then this may be for you......


I have been blessed to be able to bring two beautiful children into the world. Both pregnancies went well but very different in many ways.


My first pregnancy didn't hardly involve any exercise it went  relatively well and what I thought was a normal standard pregnancy with back pain swelling etc. The recovery of labour was a very slow and painful one.

The second pregnancy a stark difference,  tons of energy very little pain no swelling and a fantastic and fast recovery.  What did I do differently....... I added strength training to my prenatal routine.

During my second pregnancy I used my 'Pregnant With Muscle' plan to help keep my hard earned muscles, pain and  tiredness associated with pregnancy at bay and above all help with labour and recovery and I credit this to the very big differences between the two pregnancies.



Every women who wants to workout during pregnancy (and cleared by their doctor  to do so) should add weight training during pregnancy)

 If you have done your research by now you will know you shouldn't try anything new really in pregnancy and you would be right. However I am a certified Pre/Postnatal personal trainer and I have adapted my weight training workouts to suit all levels and are safe for pregnant ladies to follow in the gym and/or at home.

Watch out for these gym based pregnant workouts coming soon.

 
If you are pregnant or thinking about pregnancy soon leave your name and email below to be notified of its release or if your looking for something more personal why not have a look at our online personal training or send us an email.






0 comments: